Monday, November 26, 2007

The rowing accident

I guess alot of you know about the rowing accident that happened in Cambodia... just recently a few of our boys from the Singapore team was sent there for this festival.. and their boat overturned leaving 5 boys died... I read the stats of these boys.. most of them are highly educated, some scholars, a model and one of them is a teacher... All of them good looking and smart too.. I got the news yesterday as i saw it on the front page of the newspapers... I wondering what school or team was it.. cos a few of my relatives and a friends of mine are rowers too.. but there was no info from what I've read.. but i sure it's not the girls team.. so my friends are saved... and from the pictures non of them are my relatives... Yesterday was like mum and dad at home day... so as the news came up .. my mum said : 'eh you know V was there too...' I paused for a while... and i look back at the photos of the missing rowers... thank God it wasn't my cousin... He is the oldest son lar.. i think my aunt would have panic like crazy ah... His dad is also a national rower... but only my cousin went...and thank God he returned... A few young and promising boys represented the nation.. went to Cambodia and do us proud... i think only half of them returned... I understand how painful is it for the families of the 5 boys... I understand why the families broke down... They are still so young... they still have so many things for them to achieve... They are barely there yet... why my son... I shouldn't have let him go... i should have love him more.... I really think that life is unpredictable... You might see your friend strong and healthy standing in front of you today.. a few years later.. he might not be there anymore... I must say.. although life still go on... it would definitely be painful... Seriously, I'm thankful that my cousin is safe... I grew up with him lar... he eats alot and is damm funny lar... I don't want to see someone leave the family again... Especially not the younger ones... ( hopefully there's no such thing as what they said in final destination ) I know alot of you have friends or you encounter these kind of situation when if you leave house a few minutes later you might face with that accident... Sarah was in London during the London bombing.. thank God she left house early for school and missed that accident...
On the other side of the note... did you guys see the letter that our PM wrote to send his condolence... I think that's quite thoughtful... and i think this has been purely an accident... just like any sports there is bound to be accident.. like scuba diving or even break dancing... accidents do happen... This festival is a very important festival for the Cambodians.... and from what I've read for this festival every year there would bound to have capsized boats.. I'm not sure if there are missing bodies last year.. but this year there is... so maybe they should start thinking of life jackets?
updates: my cousin is safe and back inSingapore.. he say he's damm scare.. and he was roomie with one of the guys.. i think this might wake up and think that his life is o so precious....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
21 year old girl next door.. not tall.. thinks i'm fat.. just average girl next door..a little weird... I don't want to be famous anymore...