Monday, November 19, 2007

*psst~ drills and metal

A visit to the dentist had never been fun... From the thought of it give me a sharp pain in my teeth... Since primary school i pray everyday that the nurse would never call my name... I hate it when she call my name.. I brush my teeth everyday.. but flossing is just a perk... Dropping a tooth feels much better than visiting the dentist... and when she introduced drills, picks, mirrors and all sort of metal object into my mouth... I felt like I'm having a surgery... I had to visit the dentist today cos i can literally feel the hole that's in my tooth... I brushed my teeth twice and i followed each and every step the dentist taught me since i was young... I can't remember when was the last time i visit the dentist... The thought of putting cold metal instruments into my mouth wasn't a pleasant idea.. i thought we were not suppose to put foreign objects into our mouth? When i finally walk into the clinic.. I tried to think of happy stuff... but the posters keep reminding me how it feels to be on the cold and 'plastic' covered chair... I questioned if it has been sterilised... are the instruments safe were to use? And why is the aircon super cold and blown directly at me? I felt so helpless on the 'chair' when a tube sucking out the remains in my mouth... the dentist used drills or sprays and whatever... digging, spraying and polishing.. I can taste metal in my mouth.. i can taste blood... rinse it a few times and and i still taste the blood and the metal.. they taste funny together....they just don't mix... just imagine having a metal spoon in your mouth... and dragging it on your teeth... this time it's different the dentist did not teach me how to brush me teeth like the nurse in primary school.. She did not have a card which record which tooth should be taken out... I always had sensitive teeth... Not that i eat ice cream in a weird way... and not that I'm particular when metal spoons and metal fork hit each other on the fine chinas.... A visit to the dentist cost a bomb too...i have cavities..and I need silver fillings... although they are ugly but they last longer... I hope I don't get struck by lighting... was instructed to have soft diet for the night but... * psst i had wanton mee... the dentist doesn't know and i was hungry... Had chips and biscuits when I'm home.. watched TV and felt like a patient in the hospital... O no.. there's exams next week... O well....Not even half way there yet.... I can only be a patient for a while... and i feel like i'm teething... and hope I don't have to vist the dentist in the next 50 years...

2 comments:

Nicholas Ludwig said...

We really need to get the anxiety out of the system if we really need to have healthier teeth. A yearly visit is definitely better than a single visit with a lot of fixes and drilling to make, don't you think? In any case, this "dental fear" won't disappear in one night. But just think of the many things that you can prevent with each sitting on the dental chair. ;)

Hertha Gearin said...

Teeth problems such as that can be a pain both literally and figuratively. You're practically rendered useless by the pain. That's why it's best to have it fixed immediately. You won't ever regret going through those drills.

About Me

My photo
21 year old girl next door.. not tall.. thinks i'm fat.. just average girl next door..a little weird... I don't want to be famous anymore...